Friday, August 05, 2005

Can’t Touch This: Damn Screeds

I have just tried to follow the thread of Erin v. The Boys at SD Watch, and well, I join TE in trying to understand what any of this is about. The best I can tell is that Erin raised the concerns about the business practices of a Sioux Falls Auto Dealer and the boys are trying to draw a link between the auto dealer and a US Senator. And so Erin’s agenda collides with the boys and when the boys propose marriage, Erin runs away as fast as she can. The boys seek forgiveness and Erin is leery.

What is more fascinating is “Silas” (presumably the name was changed to protect the innocent) righteous description of his claim to be waging battle to smite the heathen godless Thune bloggers who are in his estimation “devoted to personal attacks and hate rhetoric,” with their “rhetorical bag of tricks” as they “analyzed their screeds of defamation and hate rhetoric were hate rhetoric directed toward them.”

(Ahhh, at last, the diabolical plot is finally revealed. We can’t stand idly by while others are analyzing screeds around here. Damn screeds. It just isn’t right! It must stopped!)

Silas, come out from under the rock. It is nice out here in the sunshine and humidity. If you have a problem with someone, let’s talk about it. It would help if you could be specific and if you could use names, including your own. None of us are very good at guessing. After all, we all share your concerns for creating a better community, state, country, and world.

I mean, can’t we all just get along?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you please cut and paste

this over on Todd's SD Watch?

Nobody could have said it better.

I haven't officially turned them

down yet. Jeremy is in limbo

until then. I already know I'm

going to run, but it's always a

good idea to explore other options.

Progressive Republican said...

Erin,

I find your comments cryptic. By now you probably know I am just a simple scandinavian that has trouble with polysyllabic words (I even had to look up "screeds") and must be hit right between the eyes to enhance the clarity of any message.

Let's see, I understand the cut and paste thing (although I think I will let Todd find it on his own as he is an attorney and probably really busy). I got lost after that. "Haven't turned them down yet", well I don't know who "them" is or what you have turned down. And then "Jeremy is going to be in limbo" which concerns me because I mean who likes to be in limbo?

So tell me where I can get the secret decoder ring or how I can get some more hints, cause baby, I am lost.

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes the decoder ring. That's

what will fix everything and make

everyone including Jeremy live

happyily ever after.

Do you think you can help find the

decoder ring? It's all up to you

now.

Progressive Republican said...

Erin,

Just when I thought I couldn't be any more confused...

Anonymous said...

We can't let the evil Darth Vader

aka Steve Hildebrand know of our

plans. He's the true Master of

the Universe who needs to be

stopped. The secret decoder ring

will give Jeremy the courage and

strength to accept his fate. The

next clue will not be revealed

until much later after the decoder

ring is located.

Anonymous said...

Think about the initials T.E. and

that will help you locate the next

clue to solve the mystery. First

you have to locate the decoder ring

and then think about the initials

T.E. and the mystery should be

solved.

Progressive Republican said...

Dear Anonymous and Erin,

I like games when I now the rules and how a player wins. I don't know either in this case so I don't like this game and won't play. I have better things to do. I think you both do too.

P.S. Steve's views may be way out there but I doubt he is suffering from a delusion that he is (imagine a deep raspy radio transitor like breathing sound here)Darth Vader.

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]progressiverepublican.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Let me show you one truth. Recent Research shows that nearly 50% of all USA adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

Anonymous said...

logically